There is no designated lodging for HKT 2019: Bozeman. Instead, we suggest choosing one of the numerous hotels, vacation rentals, AirBnB properties, or traditional Bed and Breakfasts in the Bozeman area. There is also an option to reserve a room in a dormitory on-campus. We encourage you to book your lodging early to avoid price increases and lack of availability as Bozeman is a popular tourism destination in June. When choosing accommodations, make sure you have a plan for transportation to and from the workshop. Check out the travel page for more information.
Click through for a list of hotels in the Bozeman area within 10 miles of the workshop venue, the Student Union Building at Montana State University. The search results are for June 4-8 and may need to be modified for your travel schedule.
VRBO and Airbnb are popular alternative options for lodging in Bozeman. Click the links for search results near the workshop venue. The search results are for June 4-8 and may need to be modified for your travel schedule.
Montana State University dormitories
Montana State University conference services is providing HKT participants with an affordable lodging option in a dormitory. The cost for this option is $30 per night. If you would like to make a dormitory reservation please visit the summer housing page. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us.
To reserve campus housing for just the HKT Workshop, please follow the instructions below:
- Click “Register” in the gold bar to set up an account
- Click “Stay on Campus” in the gold bar
- Select “Himalaya Karakorum Tibet Workshop”
- Follow the prompts to select and pay for your reservation
If you have registered for either the Pre or Post Workshop field trip and need an additional night stay, you will need to make the reservations separately.
- Make your reservation for the HKT Workshop, as above, and follow the prompts to select and pay for your reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Without leaving the site, click the “Stay On Campus” in the yellow bar
- Make your reservation for the extra night for the HKT field trip day and follow the prompts to complete and pay for your second reservation.
- You will receive a separate confirmation for the additional day.
During the workshop, we will provide morning and afternoon coffee breaks, lunches on-campus in a dining hall, and dinner on the evening of June 6. All meals are included in the registration for the pre- and post-workshop field trips. Participants will be required to arrange their own dining options outside of these provided meals. Click through for search results for restaurants near the workshop venue.